Jan 3, 2012

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Episode 12: "My Best Friend"


Madoka signs the contract with Kyuube.

You have no idea how much my head hurts
After watching this
I'm confused beyond belief
And I'm still sick
-_-


Madoka shares a snack and a light conversation with Mami and Kyoko before becoming a God.

~story~

So basically. Madoka makes a contract with Kyuube and Homura is beyond pissed. However, Madoka's wish is to erase all the witches from the past, present, and future (or something along those lines) and by doing so this messes with the space-time correlation (or something like that) which allows her to become god and can change everything (or something similar). I DON'T KNOW. I'm so beyond confused at this point. Instead of witches the magical girls are fighting just plain old demons and when their soul gems get dirty they don't turn into witches they're purified by Madoka and just disappear (which sucks but whatever). So Madoka since she is a god isn't a human anymore and well she gave Homura her ribbon so Homura is the only person out of EVERYBODY who remembers Madoka. That would push me to suicide alone. However, Homura has vowed to continue to fight for Madoka because Madoka gave up everything in order to save and protect Earth. It's something like that. I'm not quite sure. It's all a big blur of wtf. I just know I was expecting a more... I don't know how to describe it... but a different ending, if you know what I mean.


Madoka takes on all of the world's despair.

~art~

There really isn't much to say here. Sorry.


Goddess Madoka.

~sound~

They used the opening theme as the ending theme.


Madoka gives Homura her hair ribbon so she can remember her.

~character~

Madoka is the most complicated character ever. Homura is the most amazing character ever. She has gone through an extraordinary amount of crap in her poor life. All she wanted to do was get out of the hospital from her heart surgery and live a nice little life with new friends as a transfer student. But no. She gets stuck in this time warp where she becomes this cold and depressed girl where nothing can go right. :'( Kyuube turns into a good guy in the end because Madoka changed everything around and what-not. I'm not sure why Sayaka wasn't brought back to life, but Mami and Kyoko don't even remember Madoka.


Homura speaks with Kyuube about the past that only she knows about.

~overall~

This episode receives a B+. It wasn't as strong of an ending as I'd hoped and it was just way too confusing. However, after things returned to normal it was really sad to see Homura trying to live a normal life remembering Madoka and the past while no one else seemed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment